Saturday, January 3, 2015

Review: Lilo and Stitch



#138 - Lilo and Stitch

Lilo and Stitch is the first Disney movie to focus on the Polynesian culture in Hawaii. Lilo is a little girl who lives with her sister, and all she wants is to find a friend. Stitch is an alien creation that crash lands on Earth when running away from the Galactic Federation. Even though Stitch was programmed to destroy everything in its path, he falls in love with Lilo. They both find a friend in the most unlikely of places. 

This movie is cute, but it gets kind of boring about half-way through. I hate to say it, but it starts to drag when Stitch stops causing trouble. Lilo is hilarious in the beginning when she gets in trouble too. The scene when she's super dramatic and says "Leave me alone to die" while listening to Elvis - it's hilarious. I was actually more interested in searching for hidden Disney references than I was in what was going on in the story. I'd bop along to the Elvis songs, and laugh when Stitch would try to act human, but then it got lame again. I can't deny though that the "Ohana means family" tugs at my heart strings. Like I said, it's a cute film. That's about it.


Overall, I give Lilo and Stitch 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment